- W: 48 cm
- D: 46 cm
- H: 86 cm
- Seat: 45 cm
Materials: Oak, brass nails and red leather
Manufacturer: Rud. Rasmussen
Ref. no: 2871
Each chair are stamped with the mark of E. Kold Christensen
Literature: Michael Sheridan ‘The Furniture of Poul Kjærholm: Catalogue Raisonné’, Gregory R. Miller & Co, 2008, ill. and described pp. 100-103
Designed 1935. Presented at the Copenhagen Saddlemakers’ and Upholsterers’ Guild 475th anniversary the same year and at the Copenhagen Cabinet-makers’ Guild Exhibition in 1937
Model no. 5313
Literature: Gorm Harkær ‘Kaare Klint’, Klintiana, 2010, Volume 2, p. 35
The ‘Mix Chair’ was designed by Kaare Klint in collaboration with Edvard Kindt Larsen in 1930, when Klint was teaching at The Royal Academy and Edvard Kindt Larsen was student.
One chair labeled by Cabinetmaker Rud. Rasmussen and one chair with residue from label
Literature: Gorm Harkær ‘Kaare Klint’, Klintiana, 2010, Volume 1, pp. 361-362.
The ‘Red Chair’ was designed in 1927 for the lecture hall at the Danish Museum of Art and Design, however it was first in 1930 that the model was given armrests.
Each chair labeled by cabinetmaker Rud. Rasmussens.
Literature: Gorm Harkær ‘Kaare Klint’, Klintiana, 2010, Volume 1, p. 269.